Sunday, August 22, 2010

First Feedback on the B/X Companion


Just received this email:

I'm way too sleepy to figure out how to post a comment on the blog. But I saw your post and wanted to let you know I picked up your book yesterday at Gary's, and I am enjoying it. I haven't had a whole lot of time to read through it yet, but nice job. I hope I never run into a bane lord. Running one on the other hand...
Eric

Welp, there it is folks. The first customer to get his hands on my book says he is enjoying it. Really, that's all I could have hoped for. Thanks, Eric. I appreciate you letting me know!

By the way: glad you liked the bane lord...one of my personal favorites.
: )

3 comments:

  1. Hi B/X Blackrazor. There are a few of us Seattle area old school gamer types that follow your blog a bit. I sent you an e-vite to your gmail acct for an old school gaming RPG/BBQ i am hosting this coming Saturday 8.28.10 but never got a response. Slave Pits of the Undercity using 1e ad&d, with a free keg and food i am providing. If you can make it that would be great. You may even be able to hawk a few copies of your book to the local old schoolers, Also if anyone else reads this that would maybe be interested in attending the party please shoot me an email and i'll get you added to the invite. I live in Maple Valley WA (near Renton)thanks, Scott
    srmoberly@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Scaly: I DID get your email and "Red" was also trying to entice me down there. Sorry about the lack of reply...I suppose I should have RSVP'd "no" as my wife is coming back into town and that will be our first weekend in three weeks that we'll have time together. I'd bring her along, but she's not very big into gaming. Sorry...it sounds like a blast and I'd love to help out/play.

    @ Paul: Right on. I'm glad your initial impression is that it's a "good buy." I look forward to reading more!
    : )

    ReplyDelete